We use British Sign Language (BSL) to deliver media training.
Courses are free to Deaf participants.
All training uses BSL. It is hands-on and practical, giving valuable experience to Deaf
filmmakers and media artists.
The training aims to help participants develop a mixture of skills, including personal, creative and technical, that will enable them to progress either into media industries or through to higher education.
We deliver stimulating and challenging media training in a number
- Film Production
- TV Presentation
- TV In-Vision Interpreting
- Performing Arts
- Into the world of Deaf media
All courses and media workshops are delivered by media industry professionals using industry standard film production equipment.
Media workshops include:
- Young Deaf Film-makers, with Light House and Hi8US, funded by Mediabox;
- TV Presenting, In-Vision Interpreting and Performing Arts, in partnership with Light House and Hi8US funded by Screen West Midlands.
- Ben Steiner Film Bursary (2009 -2012)
Take a look at the footage!
Footage of the courses and the films created by participants are shown each year at
Deaffest, the renowned annual international Deaf film and TV festival that celebrates the talents of Deaf film-makers and media artists from all over the world.
You can view the films and footage on the Deaf Media Resource site, developed as a partnership between Zebra Uno Ltd and Hi8us Midlands Ltd.